Brake services and component strength
Testing and consultation
Modern motor vehicles are powerful. Therefore, brake systems must fulfil the highest safety requirements. As a technical service for brake systems, we have decades of acknowledged specialist competence. The close cooperation with the automobile industry and the government has also made an invaluable contribution. Increasingly, system suppliers are drawing on the services of our experts even during the development phase. Neutral system assessments with risk analyses, interface and service descriptions as well as statements on the approval feasibility secure development and increase acceptance among consumers.
Testing and development
We inspect and appraise the design strength of vehicle components. Other main activities include component tests in accordance with special load spectra specified by the manufacturer. We also perform tasks involving development monitoring, quality assurance, safeguarding of manufacturer liability and safety certification. Included here are tests of chassis components, vehicle body components, locking mechanisms, crane components, lifting gear and mountings.
Brake system services and strength tests:
- Tests and appraisals of brake systems, sub-systems and components as well as vehicle linkage facilities as part of type approval procedures
- Neutral system appraisals, risk analyses, interface and performance specifications, as well as timely assessments of worthiness
- Quasi-static and dynamic tests of component strength; conformity tests
- Development monitoring and support
- Calculations according to the finite-element method
- Material tests, preparation of samples
- Flywheel test benches for wheel brakes of passenger cars and commercial vehicles
- Servo-hydraulic test facility
- Electronic measuring systems for mobile use