European data protection
Europe is also coming together on data protection
Data protection and data security for IT products and IT-based services are becoming increasingly important to consumers. The European data protection quality seal, which confirms the security of the product and service was introduced at the EU level. The certificate originated with the EU-promoted project European Privacy Seal (EuroPriSe) and will be continued after the pilot phase.
The European data protection quality seal is a competitive advantage for companies and increases confidence in tested products. It shows that IT products or IT-based services correspond to the European requirements for data protection and security. TÜViT operates a test centre for data protection (technical and legal) that is accredited by the Independent Centre for Privacy Protection Schleswig-Holstein (ULD). Accredited technical and legal EuroPriSe experts check the conformity of the products. Participating certification centres – e.g. the ULD – confirm the findings.
Our services in detail:
- Workshop for determining the requirements and the scope of testing for an IT product or an IT-based service
- Evaluation of the product or service and its documentation by accredited EuroPriSe experts
- Drafting of a privacy evaluation report for submission to the certification body
- Creation of a report
- Determination of the actual status based on the product description
- Checking the actual status based on the data protection requirements
- Checking the implementation of the requirements (technical and/or organisational)
- Creation of an appraisal for the ULD