Emissions measurement technology
Exhaust cleaning processes have to be used in many industries and industry segments (e.g. automotive industry, chemical industry, waste treatment plants) to reduce emissions.
To satisfy the legal standard for issuing an operating permit, it is worthwhile to put the expertise of our colleagues to work as early as the planning and approval phase to avoid problems at a later date. We clarify for you ahead of time:
- Which exhaust purification system is suitable?
- What have we learned from measurements of existing systems?
- Where do measurement stations need to be positioned and how do they have to be equipped to arrive at a meaningful measurement?
- Which system performance data has to be included in the warranty?
- Which overall conditions of a measurement have to be defined in the warranty to arrive at an interpretable measurement result?
- How should the secondary requirements and conditions of the licensing notice be interpreted and implemented?
We have at our disposal a number of measurement results for odours and hazardous materials for thermal, catalytic and regenerative post-combustion systems, biofilter and biowash systems and carbon filters and UV and plasma systems that represent a good basis for answering these questions.
Which services do we offer?
- We would be happy to advise you in the selection and planning of exhaust purification systems and in the associated approval phase and to formulate the basis for warranty conditions.
- We advise you in determining the design data on the basis of our experience.
- We conduct the tendering process and evaluate the bids.
- We perform measurements on pilot and testing systems and determine the effectiveness of the purification process.
- After setting up the system, we perform acceptance measurements under the scope of the warranty or as part of the official requirements.
- We carry out recurring measurements for official requirements.
- We assess compliance with "currently available technology".
- We tell you about different ways to minimize costs.
- We supply data for optimizing emissions reduction systems.
What systems are available for emissions reduction?
Biofilters and biowashers
Biofilters and biowashers represent the standard solution today for many emissions problems, particularly for heavy odours. Not only are they comparatively easy to install, surface filters in particular have the advantage that the remaining odours are only perceptible over very short distances.
Thermal purification processes
Thermal post-combustion of polluted exhaust air is the most effective way to reliably destroy even stable hazardous materials and odorous materials. The technology is complex because a lot of energy is needed. Which is why the trend is moving in the direction of regenerative and catalytic combustion processes.
Active carbon filters represent an uncommon but, in individual cases, sensible solution for specific exhaust air currents, in particular those with heavy odours and a short emission duration.
UV and plasma systems
Particularly in the area of weak oxidative processes, i.e. in the treatment of exhaust air with UV radiation or high-voltage plasma, many providers promise more than they can deliver as has been shown by our subsequent measurements. In cases like this, it makes sense to get advice and have suitability tested in advance trials.
What sets us apart?
We are a recognized measurement centre in accordance with §§ 26, 28 of the Federal Imission Control Act (BImSchG) for measuring a broad spectrum of material groups.
Our experts are glad to answer your individual questions at any time. Just send us an e-mail by clicking on the contact box (top right).