With almost 150 certificates issued based on ISO 14001, BRTÜV is top two in the environmental management systems certification in Brazil. Carbon Credits validation is the most recent business from BRTÜV that have concluded almost 25 validation projects both inside Brazil and abroad.
Asia and Pacific region
- TÜV NORD China started emission certification program in 2007, providing the services of CDM validation, verification and voluntary emission reduction certification.
- In October 2007, a world-famous client, Tricorona, approached TÜV NORD China for a voluntary emission reduction project with Gold Standard. It’s a cutting-edge standard for carbon emission reduction which puts more emphasis on the assessment of environmental influence and sustainable development. The experts of TÜV NORD China held a global seminar to study and discuss the rules and best practice of gold standard projects, and work with the client closely and efficiently. In September 2008, they finalized the first issuance of Gold Standard voluntary emission reduction project in the world.
Cooperation for an energy efficiency project with DEG (Deutsche Investitions- und Entwicklungsgesellschaft mbH) in Thailand. Selected public buildings, such as department stores and hotels as well as cooling towers have been analyzed for thermal leakages. To ensure sustainability, local engineers from the industry have been trained to continue the project beyond the selected pilots. TÜV NORD (Thailand) in cooperation with the laboratory for climate testing at TÜV NORD in Germany delivered expertise and developed a program to analyze onsite test results.
Together with TÜV NORD CERT Umweltgutachter, registered in the Ministry of Environment and Water, TÜV NORD Bulgaria verifies reports for CO2 emissions.
Projects in the measurement of atmosphere gases
- Emission control, sample wire and analysis of polluted sources to the atmosphere
- Gas analysis in combustion installations, in chimneys SO2, NOx, CO, CO2, O2
- Determination of volatile organic compounds (COV,S) by absorption in active coal
- Determination of total organic coal (CUT), by means of FID
- Sample wire of particles, by means of isocinetic drilling
- Determination of vapours by means of absorption in solvents in isocenetic conditions: HCl, HF, SH2, NH3, SO2…
- Metal determination
Pulse Generation Ltd has developed a technology based on hydrofoils moving beneath the surface to generate electricity from tides in shallow waters. Funded through the UK Government’s technology programme, their current project has researched and developed Pulse Stream technology and is deploying a 100kW Pulse generator in the Humber estuary close to Immingham. TÜV UK Ltd. is supporting Pulse Generation in ensuring that the project meets all necessary procedural and regulatory requirements.