Eskom secured work for Majuba Railway line.
- Complexity of services for motorists at one site (STK as well as exhaust-emission measurement)
- The customer has a possibility to take out the compulsory Road Traffic Act Insurance at the same time when the vehicle is tested or checked at the STK Praha – Černý Most.
- Conducting technical inspections for the insurance company DIRECT (vehicle damage, windscreen damage, etc.) at the STK Karlovy Vary – Bohatice.
- Ensuring sale of environmental labels for entry to restricted zones in Germany for 3 years at the STK Praha – Černý Most, at the STK Karlovy Vary – Bohatice as well as STK Karlovy Vary – Sadov.
- The TÜV NORD Czech, s.r.o. manager was appointed to the expert committee at the Ministry of Transport of the Czech Republic which drafted the new Law on Motor Vehicle Construction and Use Regulations.
- The TÜV NORD Czech, s.r.o. deputy has been working as a secretary at the Professional association of STK operators in the Czech Republic since its establishment in 2001.
Asia and Pacific region
TUV India plays a very important role in the complex subject of homologation which involves a lot of technical and administrative considerations. Hence, TÜV India offers a range of services depending on the current level of activity within the organisation.
Some of the prominent clients are Ford India, TATA FIAT, Mahindra & Mahindra, John Deere Tractors, International Tractors, TAFE, Simpson & Simpson etc.
Some of the special international projects handled are certification of seats for General Motors Thailand, certification of automotive electronic systems as per CISPAR standards for Malaysian clients, certification of lighting devices for Chinese clients, certification of seat belts and CNG components for Korean customers.
In December 2004 TÜV NORD Danmark became approved by Denmark`s Road Safety and Transport Agency for auditing and approval of quality management systems for MOT inspection centres. TÜV NORD is responsible for an ongoing reporting to Denmark’s Road Safety and Transport Agency around the status and result of each audit performed.
Today TÜV NORD Danmark is responsible for inspection at about 170 MOT inspection centres all over Denmark.
In 2006 TÜV NORD Finland Oy started to sell certificates of compliance for vehicles that were imported from other EU countries to Finland. About a year later the sales of compliance certificates was expanded to cover also the imported vehicles outside EU, e.g. from USA and Japan. In 2008 some 3.000 pieces of vehicle certificates were delivered over TÜV NORD Finland Oy to Finnish customers with a total turnover of more than 500.000 Euros. In addition to this some 1.000 pieces of certificates were delivered directly from TÜV NORD Mobility GmbH to the largest Finnish car inspection chain A-Katsastus.
Verebus: Reconstruction Amsterdam WTC station
The Dutch Railway managing company ProRail required reconstruction of Amsterdam WTC station from one single platform to two island platforms with 4 tracks. Realisation took place in several stages. Verebus was responsible for making rail traffic technical designs per stage, making final designs and testing and activating modified installations.
Verebus: Self-Signalling Shunt
A Self-Signalling Shunt is used by railway-workers, to prevent trains from passing the work area. Simply put: the shunt simulates a train and activates the red signal. In the role of Safety Engineer, Verebus has carried out activities which lead to a product which can be safely used on the railway. Steps such as Risk Analysis, Fault analysis and drawing up a safety case have been followed in accordance with the CENELEC guidelines.