Nuclear and Conventional:
Awarded Frame contract ED 120 by Eskom in December 2008. “Provision of Quality, Safety, Health, Environmental and / or Inspection Services” for all new built power generation projects (nuclear and conventional) in South Africa.
- Execution of the design review of the reactor vessel head replacement of Koeberg Nuclear Power Station.
- Design and Design Review of the fire fighting protection system in Koeberg Nuclear Power Station.
- Design Review of the Nuclear Fuel Grid Modification of Koeberg Nuclear Power Station.
- Awarded Frame contract CMSC 485 by Eskom Koeberg Nuclear Power Station in January 2009 “The provision of engineering services and specialist and technical manpower resources on an as and when required basis at Koeberg Nuclear Power Station”.
- Awarded contract for conducting Audit of companies involved in the generation of the site specific review report for the sites for the PBMR and Nuclear One Project.
- Established a local point of contact for Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) projects in South Africa and work in cooperation with TUV NORD Cert GmbH, a Designated Operational Entity (DOE), on these projects.
- Awarded contracts for: CDM Validation of the capture and utilisation of methane at the Gold Fields’ owned Beatrix Mine in SA, CDM Validation of Olkaria III geothermal energy project in Kenya and CDM Gold Standard Verification of Kuyasa low cost urban housing energy upgrade project in SA.
- Projects under negotiation include: CDM Validation of the Namakwa Sands: Generation of electricity from waste gas project and five CDM Validation projects related to switching from coal as a fuel source to biomass.
Asia and Pacific region
CDM (Clean Development Mechanism) projects aid developing countries like India to gain a new source for financing sustainable development. TÜV India functions as a subsidiary of TÜV NORD Cert GmbH which is Designated Operational Entity (DOE) in the JI/CDM project. TÜV India provides comprehensive services during the entire CDM project cycle, i.e. starting from new methodologies submission, validation to recurrent verification and certification. TÜV India also participates in other international GHG schemes such as VCS, CCX, CDMGS, WBCSD, Social Carbon or Carbon footprint.
TÜV India has several firsts to its credit, not only within the TUV Nord Group, but amongst all Designated Operational Entities (DOEs) in the world.
- UNFCCC CDM Accreditation for TÜV NORD was obtained through the witnessing of a project from India. Thus, the first project registered from TÜV NORD was from India – Gujarat Ambuja project UNFCCC no. 109.
- Largest CER generation project from India amongst all DOEs – Torrent power project UNFCCC no. 1116 - was through TÜV India.
- First wind project amongst all DOEs to be registered from India was through TÜV India – Nagda Hills UNFCCC No. 112.
- First project based on AM0029 (Natural Gas) amongst all DOEs registered from India – Aban power project UNFCCC no. 0999 - was through TÜV India.
- First Transport sector project amongst all DOEs registered from India – Delhi Metro UNFCCC no. 1351 - was through TÜV India.
- First supercritical thermal power plant of 4000 MW capacity amongst all DOEs from India – Sasan power project under validation stage - was through TÜV India.
TÜV NORD Indonesia is now the market leader for Clean Development Mechanism and Voluntary Carbon Standard in Indonesia.
Cooperation for an energy efficiency project with DEG (Deutsche Investitions- und Entwicklungsgesellschaft mbH) in Thailand. Selected public buildings, such as department stores and hotels as well as cooling towers have been analyzed for thermal leakages. To ensure sustainability, local engineers from the industry have been trained to continue the project beyond the selected pilots. TÜV NORD (Thailand) in cooperation with the laboratory for climate testing at TÜV NORD in Germany delivered expertise and developed a program to analyze onsite test results.
- TÜV NORD Bulgaria has a license to observe the energy efficiency and to certify buildings according the national law for energy efficiency (License No. 00113/29.2.2008)
- Daily inspections at the manufacturing of containers for spent fuel like Castor, Constor, VPVR and Inspections of other facilities for nuclear power stations, e.g. steam drier, support ring under reactor, inner reactor parts, nut runner, etc. TÜV NORD Czech expert inspectors have a long experience and are well educated in dimensional inspections, documents inspections, in non-destructive tests, in leakage tests and also in the welding.
- In 2005 TÜV NORD Czech gained authorization for nuclear facilities and became the first Authorized Body (registration number 248) in the Czech Republic.
TÜV NORD Finland Oy is acting as a second party inspector for Kaukaan Voima Oy in a new 385 MW bio mass power plant project in Finland. The scope of services includes the quality inspections during manufacturing in several European countries as well as the supervision of the planned delivery times of the inspected components. The project started already beginning of 2008 and will go on until February 2010.
TÜV HELLAS has successfully performed Acceptance Tests to the following Power Plants of the Public Power Corporation:
- SES Atherinolakkos
- SES Lavrio
- SES Melitis
- SES Ag. Dimitrios
- SES Kardia
- SES Megalopoli
TÜV NORD Italia launched certification services for equipment to be connected to the national electrical distribution network as inverters and photovoltaic panels.TÜV NORD Italia is recognized body from ENEL, the main national distributor.
TÜV NORD received an order from Hitachi Power Europe and Steag as a Technical Inspection Authority for final and manufacturing inspection of the steam boiler Walsum.
The scope of work of TÜV NORD Polska’s inspectors included verification of materials and welding consumables, welding procedure specifications and welder approvals, non-destructive examination procedures, post-weld heat treatment, final inspection as well ensuring a completeness of the data dossier.
Block 10 is an ultramodern hard-coal-fired power plant unit with an installed capacity of 750 megawatts, which enough energy to meet the needs of just about 850.000 households.
The net efficiency will be above 45%, about 5% higher than other German coal-fired power plants. This increase comes in part from advanced material allowing higher boiler steam pressure and temperature. An efficient 181 m tall cooling tower allows high steam energy utilization in the turbine.
TÜV NORD Slovakia ensures qualified personnel for the biggest producer of power equipment Slovenské energetické strojárne, a. s. Tlmače and for other manufacturers of welded structures and pipeline systems by carrying out welder tests and certifying the professional competence of welders
TÜV NORD Slovakia certified also welding procedures and welding competence of the producer according to EN 3834.
- Refinery Cartagena Expansion Project (Repsol)
Extension of the C-10 refinery
Nº employees of Cualicontrol –ACI during peak period: 40
Years: 2008 - 2011
- Civil works and assembly, including revision and approval of field test, breaking of test specimen, etc, in order to ensure the fulfillment of requirements, standards and codes relating to the project.
- Checking materials using in welding and welding work execution according to accepted procedures: preheating, thermal treatments, etc.
- Checking and approval of non destructive testing (RT, UT, PT, MT, and VT).
- Notified Body works.
- Inspections and metal identification tests in the receiving of materials
- Supervision of hydraulic tests.
- Control of cover and painting.
- Supporting to the property in legal process in order to legalize the installation.
- Electrical installation inspections.
Supervision and quality control of strategic plan gas pipeline network (1,5 million Euro), Quality Control of welding and hydraulic tests at pipelines Alcazar de S. Juan Villarrobledo and Villarobledo-Albacete
Final approval of the Turkey-Greece natural gas pipe line. 2008, prior to the opening the pipe line connection between the two countries, on both sides of the border the relevant TÜV NORD companies TÜV HELLAS and TÜV Teknik Kontrol have made the simultaneous final status check and approval.
- E.ON UK is planning to build two new pulverised coal fired power generation plant units at Kingsnorth, Kent, UK. TÜV UK Ltd in conjunction with TÜV NORD Systems GmbH & Co. KG Engineering Division is inspecting the planned power plant regarding its suitability for the retrofitting of a Post Combustion Carbon Capture Systems in accordance with the TÜV NORD CLIMATE CHANGE STANDARD TN-CC 006: 2008-07
- TÜV UK Ltd is Centrica Energy’s health and safety provider of choice. A team of eight Engineers managed by TÜV UK Ltd’s Engineering Health and Safety Manager Brian Bowers is currently providing 24 hour a day health and safety support at Centrica’s 325MW power station at Kings Lynn and 12 hour a day supports at Centrica’s 1260MW power station at South Humber Bank. During 2008 health and safety support was also provided at other Centrica power stations including Glanford Brigg, Kllingholme and Peterborough.