What about the BU IS manager’s meeting?
The BOLD MOVE communication considers many different changes and developments within Business Unit Industrial Services. We report on reconciliation round tables, decision making and responsibilities as well as the acting parties and involved committees. One of these committees is the international manager’s meeting of BU IS. Yet who exactly are members and guests of this committee and what are they discussing and deciding?
The strategic orientation of BU IS, its development, planning and not least also the securing of its implementation are the BU IS management’s responsibility. BU IS management’s framework for action is set by corporate guidelines, guiding principles, vision and mission. To comply with their responsibility, BU IS managers are conferring every four weeks on strategic matters as well as current developments in market cultivation and competitive environment. In addition, these meetings are being used to vote on concrete proposals and measures for the implementation of the strategic goals.
Participants of the BU IS Meeting are nominated by the TÜV NORD AG Executive Board and consist at present of the following representatives:
- BU IS Management Board – Ralf Jung, Silvio Konrad, Ulf Theike
- Astrid Petersen, Head of OBS Nuclear
- Mike Walter, Head of OBS Rail
- V.S. Reddy, Head of OBS Food/Agriculture
- Wolfgang Wielpütz, Head of OBS System Certification
- George Kechribaris, Regional Manager Middle East
- Jun Ren, Regional Manager Greater China
- Manish Bhuptani, Regional Manager India
- Frank Lüdeking, Head of Business Unit Finances & Personnel
- Jörn Bruhn, nominated Head of OBS Manufacturing Technology
- Savvas Peltekis, nominated Head of OBS Process Technology
- Edwin Franken, nominated Head of OBS Buildings
- Michael Schuknecht, nominated Head of Competence
Cluster conventional power plants
- Verena Schneider und Britta Schacht, substitutional for
- Anatol Sendker, Head of Corporate Center Strategy
Important current business transactions, corporate matters, current finances, personnel matters, strategy and information for Corporate Communications are only some examples of topics that are regularly being discussed at these BU IS meetings.
One important goal of this BU IS meeting is to strengthen the collaboration of companies and strategic business sectors of the Business Unit and to make sure that there is an intense alignment with the goals of TÜV NORD Group. Consequently the BU IS Management Meeting is the link between BU IS and the Group.
BU IS Management has invited executives to Hamburg to participate in a workshop on October 18th. Sectors Buildings, Process Technology, Manufacturing Technology and Conventional Power are preparing for the 1.1.2018. Goal of this meeting is to ensure a common understanding of the leadership culture, future processes and responsibilities.
We will inform you separately on the GO LIVE measures after the management workshop.