To all our customers and business partners,
The coronavirus poses challenges to us all that none of us could have imagined just a few weeks ago. In order to meet these challenges TÜV NORD has set up a central coordination point to monitor and evaluate the situation daily. Our top priority in taking these measures is to protect the health of our customers and employees.
Our lines will remain open for you and we will continue to carry out audits.
Measures for customers and employees
- We will not undertake any trips to areas which have been designated risk areas from the World Health Organization (WHO).
- All our planned customer events have been postponed until further notice. As soon as the situation returns to normal we will announce new dates well in advance.
- All employees have been made explicitly aware of the hygiene measures that apply. Disinfectant dispensers are available in all buildings throughout the group buildings.
- Employees who have been in contact with people who contracted the virus, or who have returned from areas designated risk areas by the WHO will work from home for the 14 day period of incubation.
- All internal meetings are to be held remotely or postponed.
- The company restaurants have been closed until further notice.
Against the background of these precautionary measures, we will generally continue to carry out audits at our customers' premises as planned.
Exceptions are audits at companies that:
- are located in an area that has been classified as a risk area by the World Health Organisation
- are in a country for which a travel warning has been issued by the Federal Foreign Office, or
- which denies access to the audit team on the basis of self-imposed security measures. If an on-site audit is not possible, audits can in many cases be carried out via video conference as remote audits. Our employees will be happy to explain the possibilities and the best possible approach for your company.
We are in constant contact with our company physicians and other experts who, through numerous networks, know the current status of the spread of SARS-CoV-2/COVID, which is known as the coronavirus. We are currently not aware of any cases of the illness within the TÜV NORD GROUP.
We hope that we will protect our customers and staff as far as possible with these measures and that we all come through this uncertain time in good health.
With best regards
TÜV NORD CERT GmbH