ISO 50001 Lead Auditor Training Course (1783)
The aim of this course is to provide delegates with the knowledge and skills required to perform first, second and third party audits of management systems against ISO 50001, in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO 17021, as applicable. In detail, the training course will provide the delegates with the necessary knowledge and skills to become a competent Lead Auditor, including via the following:
- explain the purpose of an Energy Management System (EnMS), EnMS standards, MS audit and third party certification
- the P-D-C-A framework
- interrelationship between Management Responsibility, Energy Policy, Energy Planning, Checking Performance, Management Review and Continuous Improvement
- differences between 1st-, 2nd-, and 3rd Party Audits
- the role and responsibility of the auditor
- go through all steps of the audit process in highly interactive exercises: plan, conduct, report and follow up EnMS audits, inclusive role play.
Successful completion of the course (including examination) will result in the issue of a certificate which may be used to support an application to become registered as an IRCA auditor. Being certified as an IRCA auditor is a clear statement that you are a recognized, qualified and capable auditing professional.
Recommended prior knowledge:
It is expected that the delegates have knowledge
- of the requirements of ISO 50001
- of the following energy management principles and concepts: the principles of fuel combustion, heat transfer and energy flow; the relevant sources of energy regulation, guidelines and standards; the typical methods and technologies for increasing efficiency; energy measurement units, sources, costs, tariffs and scheduling, energy use data analysis methods; energy performance indicators, monitoring and performance measurement; the impact of organizational processes and equipment of energy efficiency; electricity use: motors, drives, lighting, computers.
Participation in an Energy Management Systems foundation training is recommended.