The coronavirus has also arrived in Europe and many other countries in the world. In view of the progressive spread of the virus, TÜV NORD CERT has taken measures to protect its employees and customers.
- All employees were explicitly made aware of the applicable hygiene measures.
- Disinfectant dispensers are available throughout the Group.
- Internal meetings are held remotely or adjourned as far as possible.
- Our planned customer events are cancelled until further notice. New dates will be announced with sufficient advance notice as soon as the situation returns to normal.
- We currently do not conduct trips to areas classified as risk areas by the Robert Koch Institute.
We are in constant contact with our company physicians and other experts who, through numerous networks, know the current status of the spread of SARS-CoV-2/COVID, which is known as the coronavirus. We are currently not aware of any cases of illness within the TÜV NORD GROUP.
The following applies to our planned audits:
Against the background of these precautionary measures, we continue to carry out audits at our customers' premises as planned.
Exceptions are audits at companies that:
- are located in an area classified as a risk area by the Robert Koch Institute,
- are in a country for which a travel warning has been issued by the Federal Foreign Office,
- or deny the audit team access on the basis of self-imposed safeguards.
If an on-site audit is not possible, audits can in many cases be carried out via video conference as remote audits. For choosing the best possible approach for your clients and all other questions, please find help at the this extranet site on Corona Virus. You can find there statements from the differents standard owners on current audit situation and possible remote solution.
We hope that we can protect our employees and customers as far as possible with these measures and that we all come through this period as healthy as possible.
Central Coordination Unit Corona
In view of the progressive spread of the corona virus, the TÜV NORD GROUP Group Management Board has set up a central coordination unit which, in addition to the teams and coordination units of the business units, will address cross-divisional issues. The Group is headed by Marlis Koop, Head of the Corporate Centre Labour Relations & Compensation, and consists of members of business unit management and other experts. The close and regular exchange of information enables a complete assessment of the situation in the Group and rapid agreement on appropriate measures, both locally and Group-wide.