FSSC 22000 published a position in relation to Novel Coronavirus COVID-19. In addition to BRC, the CSM Department created also a work instruction and a waiver document to handle the situation.
The process flow would be as follow:
- The customer who wants to postpone the re-certification or surveillance audits has to fill in the PART A of the attached document.
- We will verify it and made a risk based decision.
- For re-certification it would be possible to extend the certificate validity up to 6 month. The surveillance audits can be postponed by a maximum of 6 month.
- For extension of the certificate validity a remote assessment is necessary.
- Remote audit includes:
- a. Review of the key changes since the last audit e.g. HACCP plans, product recalls and significant complaint levels.
- b. Status with regard to objectives and key process performance, management review and internal audits;
- c. Document review of processing records including but not limited to the monitoring and corrective actions linked to OPRPs and CCPs;
- d. Review of PRP records i.e. hygiene, pest control and maintenance records;
- e. A traceability test to ensure continued compliance with the Scheme rules;
- f. Emergency preparedness and response including the impact of the Corona virus on the supply chain of the organization and the potential impact on resources
- The audit duration for the remote-audit shall be appropriate to the complexity of the site and sufficient to adequately cover these aspects.
- If significant issues are identified, the validity of the certificate cannot be extended.
- The audit report FSSC 22000 version 4.1 has to be used to extend the V4.1 Certificate.
- The audit has to be uploaded in the database as “special audit”.
- After approval in the database, a new certificate can be issued.
Note: The remote- audit will not replace the re-certification audit. The audit time of the re-certification audit cannot be reduced.
Mrs. Brautlecht from CSM Department is in contact with FSSC to clarify, if it is possible to perform parts the surveillance audits as remote-audits. She will inform you asap, as information from FSSC arrives.
If you have further question, please do not hesitate to contact Elke Brautlecht, Certification Scheme Manager Food / Feed TÜV NORD CERT GmbH, in Hannover.
Phone: +49 511/ 9986 2516
Fax: +49 511/ 9986 2555
Cell Phone: +49 160/ 888 6641