- The basis for the energy audit demanded in the EU Energy Efficiency Directive is Standard EN 16247-1, which defines the procedure.
- In exceptional cases, it is possible for in-house company personnel to undertake the energy audit themselves.
- The company must appoint an internal or external energy representative as contact and coordinator for the energy audit.
- The Federal Office for Economic Affairs and Export Control checks on a random sample basis whether these rules are being observed and the energy auditor has the necessary qualifications.
- The energy audit considers all the parts and locations of an enterprise, with the aim of representing at least 90 per cent of the total energy consumption.