ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018 Lead Auditor Training Course (2311)
The aim of this course is to provide students with the knowledge and skills required to perform first, second and third-party audits of IT service management systems against ISO/IEC 20000-1, in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO 17021, as applicable.
In detail, the training course will provide students with the basis to become a competent Lead Auditor, amongst others via the following:
- explain the purpose of an IT service management system (ITSMS)
- Plan, conduct, report and follow up an audit of an IT service management system to establish conformance with ISO 20000 and in accordance with ISO 19011
- benefits of an IT service management system
- benefits of a third-party accredited certification
- concepts and terminology defined in the standard
- writing nonconformity reports
- explain the purpose and differences between first-, second- and third-party audits.
Successful completion of the course (including examination) will result in the issue of a certificate which may be used to support an application to become registered as an IRCA auditor. Being certified as an IRCA auditor is a clear statement that you are a recognized, qualified and capable auditing professional.
Recommended prior knowledge
The students are expected to know the core elements of a management system with the interrelationship between context of the organization, management commitment, policy, planning, operation, performance evaluation and continual improvement. Furthermore the knowledge about Service Management is expected:
- principles and concepts of service management
- the requirements of ISO/IEC 20000-1
- the relationship between organisational objectives and the delivery of services
- concepts of organisational governance through financial management and risk management
- typical issues and interested parties relevant to an SMS and services, and their typical requirements
- the influence of organisational processes on service demands and the impact of changing those processes
- variety of technologies used to deliver services