ISO 9001:2015 Lead Auditor Training Course (18034)
The aim of this course is to provide students with the knowledge and skills required to perform first, second and third-party audits of quality management systems against ISO 9001:2015, in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021, as applicable.
In detail, the training course will provide students with the basis to become a competent Lead Auditor, including via the following:
- purpose of a quality management system (QMS)
- explain the role of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow-up a quality management system audit in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021
- benefits of a quality management system
- benefits of a third-party accredited certification
- concepts and terminology defined in the standard
- requirements for QMS documentation and differences between documents, documented procedures and records
- writing nonconformity reports
- explain the purpose of and differences between first- party, second-party and third-party certification audit of management systems
Successful completion of the course (including examination) will result in the issue of a certificate which may be used to support an application to become registered as an IRCA auditor. Being certified as an IRCA auditor is a clear statement that you are a recognized, qualified and capable auditing professional.
Recommended prior knowledge:
The students are expected to know the concept of management systems, quality management and the requirements of ISO 9001:
- The Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) cycle.
- The core elements of a management system and the interrelationship between top management responsibility, policy, objectives, planning, implementation, measurement, review and continuous improvement.
- The fundamental concepts and the seven quality management principles (see ISO 9000)
- The relationship between quality management and customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of the requirements of ISO 9001 and the commonly used quality management terms and definitions, as given in ISO 9000, which may be gained by completing an IRCA Certified QMS Foundation Training course or equivalent
For delegates not having the respective prior knowledge it is recommended to attend a QMS Foundation Course in advance.