Assessment and testing your motorcycles according to the latest legal requirements
Since 01.01.2016 new standards are applicable for the type approval tests of gaseous emissions on motorbikes. The limits for the pollutant emissions measured on the chassis dynamometer have been tightened but also further measures must be implemented, which are comparable to the measures applied to passenger cars. The new pollutant limits are a challenge to the motor bike industry.
These new regulations include a new tier of emission limits and requirements, known from passenger car legislation, concerning On-Board-Diagnosis (OBD), durability, deterioration factors, evaporative emissions and crank case emissions. The new regulations are applicable to all ‘two wheeled motorbikes’. For the new tier ‘Euro 3’, an extra urban part has been added, and the start of the measurement directly after the engine start (cold start) was introduced. This will result in a more realistic drive profile to adjust the type approval test procedure.
For some time, several countries have requested the measurement of motorbike evaporative emissions, for example in the USA. The new test procedure will reflect the test procedure which is already in use in California.
The future emission limit levels for two wheeled motorbikes are a challenge to the motor bike industry. We are well prepared to support you with consultation and measurements on our test beds.
We are successful in the assessment and type approval of motorcycles in the international market.
Services for you
- Measuring gaseous emissions and compiling the technical reports for pollutant emissions, gaseous emissions and particulate matter
- In-field research covering the emission behaviour of vehicles
- Research on chassis dynamometers and dynamic engine test beds
- Measurement of power output, fuel consumption and driving resistance
- Performance of round robin tests for quality assurance
- Analysis of the influence of emission control systems
- Fourier-Transform-Infrared-Spectroscopy with standard components CO, CO2, NO, NO2, HCtot, NMHC and CH4
- Consultation covering national and international regulations
- Consultation for planning, construction and operation of chassis dynamometers and engine test beds
Emission measurement technology
- Latest measurement technology for the determination of exhaust gas emission behaviour and fuel consumption
- Time related measurement of regulated and non-regulated exhaust gas components in 2 lines
- Sealed Housing for Evaporative Emission Detection (SHED)