Fast and safe from 60 to zero with tested brake systems
In an emergency, your lift depends on it: The brakes should function with 100% efficiency at any speed and in any weather conditions. Any centimetre of saved brake distance counts. Our specialists test brake systems and brake components under driving conditions and in the laboratory on an inertia dynamometer.
Even the smallest components have to withstand highest stress, so the driver can rely on the complete brake system. In our competence area ‘component strength’ we test and assess especially chassis components and coupling devices. Unbiased performance analysis and comparisons during the development phase, monitoring the production quality of components in the serial production and the assessment of the possibility of approvals, supplement our portfolio.
For many decades we have been accredited as technical service for brake systems and our experience is internationally recognised. We work in close cooperation with vehicle and component manufacturers and the legislator. More and more system suppliers already cooperate with TÜV NORD in the planning phase of a new component. Unbiased system-/component assessment, benchmarking and information about the possibility to have the component approved secure the development work and will improve the acceptance with the final customer. TÜV NORD performs the tests in their own, accredited test laboratory or, if required, on customers’ test beds or in other accredited laboratories.
Our services at a glance
- Dynamic testing and assessment of brake systems and components such as brake discs, -drums, -pads,-liners for passenger cars and commercial vehicles on inertia test beds and in drive tests
- Homologation tests according to ECE / EC and national requirements
- Tests in the framework of development and quality assurance
- Thermal research on cracks o Noise measurements
- Test according to customer’s specifications
- Brake cylinder tests
- Servo-hydraulic strength tests (static, dynamic, crack) calculation and consultation service (design, materials production technology) for approvals and for general information