TÜV NORD supports operators over the entire life cycle of engine plants
Cogeneration plants are often used where both electricity and heat is required, as well as acting as peak load power plants. Since cogeneration plants are highly efficient in the use of heat, their operation is supported by funding from the Combined Heat and Power Generation Act and the Renewable Energies Act (KWKG).
This support is subject to conditions that, where the plant size is 2 MW or more, require evidence in the form of an expert report. When fed into the grid, the requirements with regard to the medium-voltage directive must also be met and certified.
For the medium voltage range, certification of the plant is mandatory above an agreed connection load of 1 MVA or a connecting line of more than 2 km.
We are making an important contribution to the economic operation and high availability of such plants.
In the case of peak load power plants participating in the German Electricity Balancing Market and emergency generators, the emphasis is on reliable availability and a safe operating concept. The quality of the whole of the plant must meet the highest specifications. This applies to the technical design of the individual components, the overall system concept and the concept of periodic inspections, including status monitoring for lifetime prediction.
Evaluation and analysis
- Performance and torsional vibration assessment
- Operating parameters
- Claims for damag
Testing and measuring
- Of emissions according to the German Pollution Protection Act (BImSchG) and German Technical Regulations on Emissions (TA Luft)
- Compliance with the requirements for explosion protection
- Requirements regarding water legislation, the German Ordinance on Installations for the Handling of Substances Hazardous to Water (VAwS ) or the German Ordinance on Installations for the Handling of Substances Hazardous to Water (VAwS)
- According to §29a (BImSchG); inspection prior to commissioning / periodic inspection for compliance with the requirements of typical standards (e.g. DIN 6280; ISO 8528; DIN VDE 0100)
Certifications and attestations
- Unit and plant certificates according to the BDEW ( German Association of Energy and Water Management) directive
- CHP reports
Advice and support
- With quality assurance monitoring during the production process
- In the preparation of emergency power and operational concepts
- With measures for condition monitoring and lifetime analysis
- With safety concepts
- In the preparation of risk assessments and explosion protection documents
- With compliance with operator's obligations
Your benefits at a glance
- High availability of the plants
- Economical operation
- Security of supply (emergency power)
- Reduction of legal liability risks
- One contact