Looking at the technical operation of a building, it is always the heating and hot water together with the HVAC that takes the largest share of energy consumption.
As a result of legislation and the introduction of the German Thermal Insulation ordnance, and its replacement by the Energy Saving Ordinance (currently EnEV 2014), the energy consumption in new and redeveloped buildings has been reduced significantly. But in Germany there remains a very high percentage of existing buildings that were built before the Thermal Insulation Ordnance was introduced, and thus have a low level of energy efficiency. There is an enormous potential here to reduce the demand for heating, thus saving energy costs.
Our services in the field of energy efficiency
A variety of potential energy efficiency improvements are available that could be the first steps toward a more energy-efficient operation of buildings and plant. These include raising users' awareness when dealing with energy and taking advantage of technical opportunities that would lead to the improvement of the building physics and plant engineering.
TÜV NORD energy efficiency experts assist you in the identification of potential energy efficiency improvements in your building and show you additional options as regards funding.
- Component-related inspection
- Checking the dimensioning
- Inspection report with technical information to improve the energy characteristics of the plant
- Established expertise and many years of experience
- Independence and reliability
- Qualified and experienced staff
- Development of customised solutions for the optimum use of energy
- Fast response timeStrong regional presence
Your benefits at a glance
- Compliance with the legal requirements of the EnEV
- More energy-efficient, optimised operation of the units after implementing the recommended measures
- Reduction in the building's energy costs
- A basis for decision-making with respect to the anticipated investment and operating costsSynergies through the review of the plant according to § 12 EnEV, TPrüf, VDI 6022