Achieving and maintaining the pre-determined quality level
Quality assurance is the integral of all the organizational and technical measures that ensure the achievement and maintenance of stipulated quality levels during the design, manufacture, commissioning and operation stages of nuclear installations.
It is the licensee's responsibility to ensure that the plant is operated in an undisturbed and environmentally friendly way also without need to credit the function of the safety systems. This is achieved by implementing stringent demands regarding quality in the design, construction, commissioning, and operation of the plant as well as ensuring a high professional qualification of the staff.
- Consultancy for specifications defining the quality requirements on components and Systems
- Manufacturer assessments
- Design review of manufacturing documents
- Non-destructive examination (NDE)
- Type and random sample testing
- Suitability tests
- Construction and acceptance inspections including e.g. material and pressure tests
- Specific tests as part of commissioning
- In-service inspections (ISI) during Operation
- Documentation reviews