Cargo safety of vehicle bodies: Test reports, certificates and written confirmation of body strength.
DIN EN 12642 describes the requirements for vehicle bodies of commercial vehicles when they are used for load securing and the conditions and criteria of the applicable tests. The standard discriminates between standard bodies (Code L) and reinforced bodies (Code XL). Many vehicle and body manufacturers offer vehicles with reinforced bodies (Code XL).
The following components differ from the standard bodies:
- Stiff roof design
- Extra strong stanchions
- Extra strong bulkhead
- Pallet stop on both sides
- Aluminium sections or a specially certified tarpaulin
- and more...
We offer comprehensive support in the area of load safety for you, so you can sell and operate vehicles which comply with the regulations and are therefore safe in traffic.
Load values in "Code XL"
The following loads have to be met as test criterion for „Code XL“:
- Front wall 50% of payload
- Side wall 40% of payload
- Rear wall 30% of payload
With respect to load safety this means that these vehicles – also in curtainsider versions – can secure certain cargo with the stability of the vehicle body. You can have your vehicles tested with certification.
The test report:
We test and record for a certain type of vehicle body:
- Type of vehicle body and equipment
- Test methods and measured data
- Analysis and documentation
The test report belongs to the client (vehicle manufacturer, body manufacturer, haulier or others).
The certificate confirms for a defined, tested vehicle or vehicle body:
- Proven body strength
- Relation test force to payload in / against and sideways to direction of travel
- Efficiency of load securing only by the vehicle body at positive fit
- Limits of the proven effect, for example required minimum coefficients of friction
- The certificate has to be carried by the driver to prove the load safety
- The requirements of the certificate must be observed, for example gaps between cargo, minimum coefficient of friction, max. load and max. cargo height
- The manufacturer (holder of the certificate) will issue a copy of the certificate for each manufactured vehicle (vehicle body) and confirms the validity with the vehicle ident. no. or vehicle body number.
We help you to transport your cargo safely and cost effectively. Try us out!