Safe and reliable
To enable products such as fire protection equipment and life-saving appliances to be used on ships, they first have to successfully pass the EU conformity assessment procedures described in Directive 2014/90/EU. Depending on the selected module combination, as the client at the end of the procedure you will receive (for example)
- an EC Type Examination Certificate (Module B) and
- an EC Type Examination Certificate concerning the quality assurance of the production Process (Module D) or the product (Module E).
Upon obtaining both of these "certificates", you are entitled to affix the "Wheel Mark" to your product.
The SEECERT certification body
- Part of TÜV NORD Systems GmbH & Co. KG, the SEECERT certification body is a Notified Body in accordance with Section 3 of the Marine Equipment Regulations (Schiffausrüstungsverordnung - "SchAusrV"). SEECERT is listed under the Identification Number 0045 in "Nando" (New Approach Notified and Designated Organisations), by the Federal Ministry of Transport and Digital Infrastructure ("BMVI"). The notification is valid for the Directive 2014/90/EU for marine equipment, such as fire safety systems and life-saving appliances.
- As a certification body, SEECERT is therefore entitled to conduct EC conformity assessments for marine equipment, such as fire safety systems and life-saving appliances in accordance with Directive 2014/90/EU for Module B in conjunction with Modules D, E and F as well as for Module G.
- Working in partnership with the DMT testing agency (recognised by the IMO), we can be your one-stop source for the inspection and certification of your products.
- Independence, neutrality and impartiality
- Long-standing experience in product certification
- Notified Body (NoBo) in accordance with Directive 2014/90/EU
- Specialized expert with long-standing experience
The benefit to you
- Free movement of goods within the EU based on the Wheel Mark,
- Due to the MRA (Mutual Recognition Agreement) between the EU and the USA, as a certification body SEECERT has the authority to issue a US Coast Guard approval number without an additional inspection or certification,
- Comprehensive support from our experts
- Independent and needs-based consulting on EC conformity assessment procedures (not engineering in the literal sense of the word!)